The Great Features of HuMo-gen Genealogy
One of the greatest features of HuMo-gen is that it allows the end-user to dynamically create genealogical reports. This means your end-users can take any person from the entire database and create reports with this individual as the base person. Now anyone in your database may be accessed!
HuMo-gen offers the following reports:
- Family view (includes Individual view, spouse and children)
- Ancestor Report
- Descendant Report
- Outline Report
- Ancestor Chart
- Ancestor Sheet
- Descendant Chart - horizontal/vertical
- PDF export of ancestor and descendant reports
- Relationship Calculator / Relation finder
- Timeline Report
- Google Map integration
- Birthday calendar
- Advanced search
- Bookmarking favorites
HuMo-gen has full support for display of:
- Multiple skins (themes)
- An adjusted interface for use on smartphones
- Video and audio (recording) attachments
- Sources (a sophisticated new source system was added in version 4.8)
- Full UTF-8 support (for display of foreign characters as used in French, German etc.)
- RSS feed for birthday notifications
- and much more.....
- The end-users may choose between English (default), French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Finnish, Norwegian, Italian, Persian or Hebrew display (from version 4.2 Humo-gen is bidirectional).
The administrator can remove any of these languages if not needed.
- the Administration Menu may be displayed in English (default), Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian or Finnish.
- New end-user and administration languages can be easily added by the administrator as explained in the manual.
Send us the files, and we will include your language in a next version!
- NEW! The admin section contains a CMS (Content Management System) that allows you to build your own web pages with background information, research material etc. You can also build your own welcome front page.
This feature also makes it possible to add "Histories". In the CMS section you can place extensive histories about people or families and link from there to the persons involved. And in reverse, in the person/family display you can place a link to the relevant history pages.
- Automatic update procedure (since v. 4.8.6)
- Backup and restore feature to backup you database
- Display can be customized by selecting options in the admin screen, including default skin/theme, default language etc.
- Managing multiple trees
- Privacy filter
- Create user accounts with specific privileges.
- Online Editing!
You can now edit your genealogical data online with HuMo-gen. You can even build up an entirely new family tree online, without ever importing a gedcom file. With the editor you can also add custom events, photos etc.
- Gedcom Export!
You can now export your online HuMo-gen genealogical data into a Gedcom file that can be used by other genealogical programs. With version 4.8 you can now also export parts of trees.
- Merge gedcom files and use the sophisticated merge system to resolve all duplicates
- HuMo-gen is compatible with the Gedcom files exported by all major genealogy programs (such as Brothers Keeper, Legacy Family Tree, PAF - Personal Ancestral File, Roots Magic and many more). If you use another program, don't worry - if it complies with the Gedcom standards, HuMo-gen will most likely handle it. And in the rare case your program should not classify , all chances are that can be fixed too. HuMo-gen is being constantly developed.
- Your HuMo-gen website is easily updated with new material you collected. All that is needed is to upload an updated Gedcom file, read it in - and your site will show the new data.
- New HuMo-gen versions are published all the time. HuMo-gen is easily upgraded. In just a few minutes you will be up and running.
- The HuMo-gen community has a thriving support forum. This is the ideal place to ask for help, make suggestions for future extensions and enhancements and even post your own programming contributions. You can also access the forum by using the "Forum" tab on the top menu of this site.
- The HuMo-gen forum (there is an English and a Dutch section) is visited daily by the HuMo-gen support team and you will experience swift, cordial and professional help whenever needed.
- Using the forum also makes it easier for others to readily find solutions that were already dealt with, without even posting a question. So register for the HuMo-gen forum and join the community!
- Installation on the server is simple and straight-forward as explained in the manual (see the button on the menu above).
No knowledge of PHP or MySQL is required, but you must be able to create a new SQL database (your Webhost can help you with this if you are not familiar with this). Of course you must know how to upload files to your Webhost's server.
- HuMo-gen can also be installed on your PC (mainly used for testing purposes). The way to achieve this is by means of a small server+PHP+mySQL simulator as explained in the manual.
It is advised to make such an installation, since that way you can test out new HuMo-gen versions or alterations you made before you actually put them on the web.
Last Updated on Saturday, 23 November 2013 20:58